June 1st marks the beginning of the New Orleans Eat Local Challenge and Dickie Brennan & Co. has been asked to participate in the first annual “Farm to Office Challenge.” Five members of our team are competing against four other local businesses. The objective is to stimulate businesses to encourage healthier diets among their employees and to encourage reinvestment in our local agricultural and seafood economy.
#TeamDBC is in complete support of those objectives and is looking forward to a little healthy competition!
Our five contestants include Eric Cook (Chef at Bourbon House); Geordie Brower (Manager at Bourbon House); Wesley Janssen (Marketing); Whitney Guarisco (Marketing) and Barry Himel (Beverage Director). Stay tuned this month to the blog, because we’re sure to post some delicious, healthy recipes using local ingredients.
Below are the rules and wish us luck! And don’t forget to do your best to Eat Local this month and every month.
- One point is awarded for each company each time one of their team posts on Instagram or tweets with the hashtag #FarmToOfficeNOLA and tags both @EatLocalNOLA and @FitNOLA.
Posts can be any of:
a. Photo of a team member shopping for local food at a farmers market, Hollygrove, at the Nola Food Coop, or anywhere you shop for local foods.
b. Photo of a local ingredient meal created by a team member.
c. Photo of a team member exercising at a NORDC facility.
d. Photo of a dish from one of the Eat Local Challenge participating restaurants.
- Five points will be awarded for each business team member to check in at our table at the Crescent City Farmers Market downtown market (750 Carondelet) June 3rd between 8 am and noon.
- The contest officially begins May 31st at midnight and ends on Sunday, June 25th and posts before or after that time will not be counted.
- Posts / Tweets must tag both @EatLocalNOLA and @FitNOLA and the hashtag #FarmtoOfficeNOLA to be counted.
- The announcement of the winner of the FitNOLA | Eat Local NOLA Farm to Office Challenge Winner will be made on Sunday, June 30th at the Finale Party where the trophy will be awarded.